NYS Recruitment 2024/2025: The National Youth Service recruitment exercise is conducted every year to inaugurate hundreds of service men and women. Having heard that, you might need to hurriedly submit your application believing that the earlier the application, the more chances you have.
Well, an early application indeed gives you an upper hand, however, that does not guarantee that you will be selected. In other words, candidates are not only selected based on “first come, first serve”, you have to be an ideal candidate to be selected.
So before considering yourself an ideal candidate to be selected, I will be providing you with the necessary information in this guide you need to know to make you an ideal candidate to be selected, and this guide will include when the NYS recruitment exercise will commence, and end, the requirements, how to submit your application, and every other tangible information that will help you in your NYS journey.
Is NYS Recruitment 2024 Ongoing?
No, the NYS Recruitment form is not ongoing at the moment, but will soon be out, So it’s better to keep clinging to this website for information concerning NYS Recruitment so you will know when the form is out and apply early following our instructions. Aside, there are still important details I have not shared with you regarding NYS Recruitment yet, but I will, still in this guide.
Is NYS Recruitment Recruiting New Service Men And Women?
Yes, it is factual that NYS is recruiting new service men and women into the program, but at the moment, the recruitment exercise is not ongoing, hence you will have to grab your opportunity in the upcoming recruitment exercise to come.
When Is The NYS Recruitment Exercise?
Before now, The organizers of the NYS Recruitment exercise had already conducted the selection program. The recruitment exercise took place on Monday, 15th May 2023 and ended on Friday, 19th May 2023.
Well, it is too early to give up if you are considering that. For sure, the recruitment exercise will come around next year, and before then, I will inform you of the factual details you need to know including the date for the exercise.
What Happens During NYS Recruitment?
Knowing what happens during NYS recruitment is likely to prepare for the recruitment exercise. At first, a date is fixed for the application of jobs in the available vacancies.
Thereafter, qualified candidates are invited to be screened in person during the recruitment exercise. Moreover, people selected are considered best fitted for the positions they applied for due to being able to provide the requirements and making a proper proposal for these positions.
So, concerning the requirements to be considered an ideal candidate, I will share the requirements for NYS recruitment later on in this guide.
General Requirements for NYS Recruitment 2024/2025
NYS recruitment requirements may differ depending on the position you are applying for, but below are the requirements it takes to be considered best fitted for the position you are applying for.
- You must be a Kenyan citizen or a resident in any of the approved counties.
- You must agree to have a general medical check-up after the recruitment exercise if you are selected.
- You must be ready and agree to relocate to another county if a situation needs you to.
- You have to be physically, mentally, and medically fit for the training.
- You must provide your Original National Identity Card, and Academic Certificates (and avail one set of photocopies of the same at the recruitment centre).
- As an applicant, you must have a Certificate of Good Conduct.
- You must reach the legal age of the application (18 years), and must not pass 24 years.
- Successful applicants will report for the NYS Basic Paramilitary Training Course at NYS College, Gilgil and NYSTTI Naivasha on dates and times specified in respective call-up notices to be issued.
- Selected applicants must have at least Grade D plain and above in KCSE.
Other NYS Recruitment Information You Need To Know
Aside from knowing NYS requirements, there are other details considered crucial you need to note.
- Qualified orphans will be given special appreciation subject to making provision of documentary (such as parents’ death certificates or burial permits) which back their claims.
- People with disabilities are not filtered from taking part in the recruitment exercise in their respective subcounties.
- Any applicant whose name has been stained with corruption will be disqualified.
- Taking bribes or giving to be admitted is considered an offence and will lead to disqualification which can later lead to prosecution.
- If any form of corruption is spotted or any of the instances of this nature on this list occurs, a report should be made to the General Director by telephone at 020-2400129.
Counties Allowed In The Recruitment Exercise
There could be a plethora of counties in Kenya, but only the residents based on the ones below are allowed to apply for a job vacant in NYS.
- Bomet Bungoma.
- Tana River.
- Tharaka Nithi.
- Uasin Gishu.
- West Pokot and other counties approved by NYS.
NYS Recruitment Portal
The NYS recruitment portal is the official website of NYS where you can check the available roles and submit an application for one. In this case, www.nys.go.ke/vacancies is the official website of NYS and applications can be done there.
How to Apply for NYS Recruitment 2024
NYS recruitment application is made easy for every interested candidate, but you must first have the requirements to apply for a role.
After preparing all the requirements for the application, follow the below instructions to apply for NYS Recruitment –
- Go to the official NYS application website, www.nys.go.ke/vacancies
- Click on “Vacancies” on the menu bar.
- Download the available positions.
- Select the vacancy you want to proceed.
- Upload all requested documents.
- Confirm that your details are valid and not inputted falsely.
Since NYS Recruitment has already been conducted this year and it has not been announced when it will commence next year, it is assuring to keep clinging to this page more often for further information to avoid missing out on the next recruitment exercise.