KDF recruitment 2024/2025: Getting a job at the KDF is the dream of most Kenyans, and one of the reasons for this is that KDF employees are highly respected and well-paid. However, in case you might be asking yourself what is this KDF, and what is the KDF recruitment process like. This and more questions like this are what we will be answering in this article.
What is KDF?
The KDF is an acronym for the Kenya Defence Force, it is the military of Kenya. They are responsible for protecting peace, unity, and harmony against foreign or international threats.
Are There KDF Recruitment Opportunities Available?
Yes, there are KDF recruitment opportunities available. These opportunities are available to persons who meet the requirements, and this includes candidates who have applied, while the KDF recruitment form was still available, and while the KDF recruitment date had not expired.
Can I Apply For KDF Recruitment Opportunities?
Yes, you can apply for opportunities to fill several vacancies while the KDF recruitment opportunity or date is still on. However, for your application to be taken seriously, or for you to even apply to fill any of the KDF recruitment vacancies, you must have met the requirements for these job vacancies.
KDF Recruitment Job Vacancies 2024/2025
During the KDF recruitment round, also known as the Kenya Defence Force recruitment round, several positions are usually declared vacant, and these vacancies are expected to be filled by applicants such as yourself.
Here are some of the KDF recruitment job opportunities for you to consider –
- General Service Officer (GSO)
- General duty officers
Requirement to be Considered for KDF Recruitment 2024
As with every other recruitment opportunity, some requirements must be considered before one can be recruited by the Kenya Defence Force. Failure to meet these requirements could mean that you are unqualified for that vacancy, irrespective of whether you were one of their early applicants or not.
Here are some of the requirements to be considered for the KDF recruitment:
- Applicant must be a citizen of Kenya
- Applicant should have a valid document that identifies their Kenyan citizenship.
- Applicant must have the ability to read, write
- Applicant must express oneself
- Applicants should at least have a plain C in their KCSE, also known as Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education.
- Applicant must have a clear understanding of the constitution 10 of Kenya.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18 to 27.
- Applicant must not be an ex-convict or have any criminal record.
- Applicants must have the skills for the vacancy they are applying for. (Drivers, cleaners, etc).
- Although not mandatory, computer skills will be a plus for the applicant.
How to Apply for KDF Recruitment 2024
Applying for any of the KDF recruitment vacancies is a very simple process especially if you have met all or most of the requirements for the vacancy you are applying for. The recruitment process is very simple, however, most people do not always seem to know their way around it.
Here are steps on how to apply for the KDF recruitment vacancies –
- Visit the KDF recruitment portal at www.mod.go.ke
- Carefully read out the instructions for the application, and check out what information you are to provide.
- Enter the details asked to be provided on the KDF recruitment form that you are filling out.
- Confirm that you have provided all the information that is required on the KDF form, and they are in the required format.
- Click on the submit
- If the Kenya Defence Force decides to proceed with your application, you will be notified, either via an SMS or contacted via the email that you provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is The KDF Recruitment 2023 Still Going On?
Unfortunately, the KDF recruitment 2023 is no longer going on at the moment. The closing date was in October. The recruitment process ran from Monday, 28th August 2023, and ended on Friday, 8th September, 2023.
So, if you want to apply, you can apply for the KDF recruitment 2024 program.
Can Anyone Get The KDF Recruitment Form?
No, not anyone can get the KDF recruitment form. To get the form on the KDF recruitment portal and to fill it, applicants must have made sure that they have met the requirements for the vacancies.
What Is The Starting Salary For KDF?
The starting salary for all Kenya Defence Force, KDF new employees is around Ksh 11,852. However, it is important to note that this figure itself is subject to upgrade and will be upgraded by the Kenyan government in the future.
Is The KDF Recruitment Form Free?
Yes, the Kenya Defence Force, KDF recruitment form is 100% free and it is available on the KDF portal here www.mod.go.ke. However, you might need to pay money for using the Cyber Cafe, if you are applying for the vacancy via a Cyber Cafe’s internet service.