Below are a variety of resources with additional detail on the global efforts to alleviate poverty and eradicate disease, particularly the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) which guide CIFA’s efforts to fight malaria and HIV/AIDS and promote gender justice
Faith Based Organizations:
Additional MDG Links:
- The Millennium Development Goals
- Millennium Development Goals Report 2009
- MDGs Monitor
- Center for Global Development MDGs Page
- Millennium Development Goals Toolkit for Religious Leaders
Other Faith-Related Links and Resources:
- World Faiths Development Dialogue Update
- Faiths Reach Out to Help in South Pacific
- The Nation's Interfaith Communities Answer President Obama's Call to Serve Interfaith communities across the nation are joining in the President's United We Serve initiative by claiming August 31st through September 6th as the designated Interfaith Week. Faith Communities including Interfaith Youth Core, the Islamic Society of North American and the Salvation Army are embracing this opportunity to work with their sisters and brothers across faith traditions on collaborations of service.
- CIFA Executive Director Remarks at Global Health and Lifestyle Conference, Geneva "Where Love and Need are One: Interfaith Action against Global Poverty"
- Report on the Involvement of Faith Based Organizations in the Global Fund to Fight HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
- Global Poverty: Academics and Practitioners Respond in The Review of Faith & International Affairs, Spring 2006
- "One Year After the G8 Gleneagles Summit: Implementation, African Development and the African Monitor" with Archbishop Njongonkulu Ndungane, the Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town, South Africa
- African Religious Health Assets Programme
- Faith and Development: Rethinking Development Debates Katherine Marshall, the World Bank, June 2005
- Marshall, Katherine and Saanen, Marisa Van. Development and Faith: Where Mind, Heart, and Soul Work Together (World Bank, 2007)
- Boston Globe Series on Faith and Foreign Aid
- Mixed Blessings: U.S. Government Engagement with Religion in Conflict-Prone Settings Center for Strategic and International Studies, August 2007
- InterAction — the largest coalition of U.S.-based international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) focused on the world’s poor and most vulnerable people.
- The Modernizing Foreign Assistance Network — a coalition of development and foreign policy experts and institutions advocating for a change in the way the U.S. prioritizes and manages its global development efforts
Recent Center for Interfaith Action Videos: